Speedy McAllister is an old red-violet steam locomotive who comes across as being somewhat gruff and blunt in character, but means well and is helpful to experienced chuggers and trainees alike. He prefers more industrial jobs as opposed to those with a high degree of customer relations. Speedy McAllister likes to take his time and never likes to rush which is in direct contrast to his name, Speedy this leads him to find impatient chuggers annoying. He is old, wise, and will often take time to think. He prefers doing jobs where there is peace and quiet.
Speedy McAllister is based on a tender-less CNW Class E-4 locomotive, and he has a visible funnel. When he collects coal it is deposited through an opening in his roof behind his firebox and water is stored centrally in a tank, much like Olwin.
- Speedy is the only chugger in Chuggington with an actual last name.
- Speedy is actually the slowest chugger in Chuggington.
- Sadly, Speedy’s UK voice actor, Warren Clarke, died in 2014.
- In Polish, he is called "Chyży", which basically is a translation of his English name.
- He is disliked by Frostini in some episodes, due to his lack of empathy for Frostini in the meltdown incident at his factory.
- Speedy has yet to appear in Season 6 .
|Trainees • Chuggers|
|Wilson • Koko • Brewster • Dunbar • Old Puffer Pete • Calley • Hodge • Zephie • Harrison • Chatsworth • Emery • Irving • Mtambo • Olwin • Frostini • Action Chugger • Speedy McAllister • Hoot and Toot • Skylar • Piper • Decka • Jackman • Zack • Tyne • Fletch • Hanzo • Asher • Payce • Cormac • Minor Locomotives|