Skipper Stu runs a tight ship as Dock Master! He’s controller of the dock crane and organizes the loading and unloading of ships and sorting containers.
Skipper Stu's exact basis is unknown. However, he appears to resemble a EMD G12 with a shortened nose, evident by the cab design and the inclusion of buffers.
Skipper Stu is painted both bright and pale blue with a royal blue cab roof, black underbody, silver handrails, cab lining and vents, white buffers and red lining along his body. Skipper Stu also retains much weathering along his paintwork.
- Season 5 - Koko Express, Skipper Stu and the Steam Crane, Chug Patrol Chief and Fletch Shines
- Season 6 - Slow Coach Koko, Wilson's Broadcast Blues (does not speak), Sleepyhead Koko, The Mighty Koko, The Fast, The Strong & The Wilson, Chug Patrol, Out of Control (cameo), The 3 Ways of the Track, Spy Train, Odd Train Out, Tai Tracks, Chuggington Noir, Imagine That, The Great Chugger Caper, Chugatronic Cargo (does not speak), Chugging Home for the Holidays (cameo) and Celebrate Chuggington
- Chugging Home (cameo), Chuggington Roll Call, Docks Song and On the Right Track! (cameo)
- Starting from Season 6 onwards, James Goode provides a British accent for Skipper Stu in the US dub as opposed to an American accent like in Season 5. The same case applied for Hamish.
- Despite being voiced by the same actor in both dubs, James Goode gives Skipper Stu an American accent in the US dub as opposed to his British accent in the UK dub. He is the fourth character to be in this situation, the first being Harrison, the second being Asher, and the third being Decka, and the fifth and sixth being Harry and Hamish. This only applied for Season 5 only however.