Olwin is a British steam locomotive who is very wise and kind.
Olwin is the most motherly of all the Chuggington characters. Olwin likes to keep her paintwork looking pristine and would rather not be asked to complete dirty tasks. She is happy to help the trainees but sometimes embarrasses and babysits them by calling them “little chugg-a-chuggs”. Olwin is a well-respected engine and is always there when a chugger is in need of a ‘bumper’ to cry on.
Olwin is similar to a tender-less LNER Class A4 locomotive. When she collects coal, it is deposited through an opening in her cab roof, and water is stored centrally in the boiler, similar to Speedy McAllister.
Olwin is painted dark green with bluish-green linings, and an orange cab roof and funnel. Her wheels are painted in varying shades of gray.
- Olwin was the youngest steam locomotive until Piper entered the series.
- Her whistle sound is reused from the ship from Howl's Moving Castle.
- Her basis is the same as Spencer from Thomas & Friends.
- She has a strong fear of the quarry, due to the noise and dust and fearing that her 'delicate' bodywork will get ruined, as seen in Rock-A-Bye Chatsworth.
- It is possible that she may be a mixed-traffic engine as she was seen pulling passenger carriages in Brewster's Little Helper.
- In Czech and Polish, she is called Olga and in German, she is called Almut.
- Olwin has yet to appear in Season 6.
- Olwin is the only chugger whose eyebrows have a different design. Instead of windshield wipers, they are orange arch-shaped handles.
|Trainees • Chuggers|
|Wilson • Koko • Brewster • Dunbar • Old Puffer Pete • Calley • Hodge • Zephie • Harrison • Chatsworth • Emery • Irving • Mtambo • Olwin • Frostini • Action Chugger • Speedy McAllister • Hoot and Toot • Skylar • Piper • Decka • Jackman • Zack • Tyne • Fletch • Hanzo • Asher • Payce • Cormac • Skipper Stu • Harry and Hamish • Russ • Daley • Rosa • Tai • Minor Locomotives|