Olwin is a British steam locomotive who is very wise and kind.
Olwin initially lived in what is now Old Town with the other steam chuggers, being a trainee with Old Puffer Pete. Once Old Town was abandoned, Olwin along with Pete and Speedy would be relocated to current Chuggington, with the other steam chuggers moving to Tootington.
While not much is known about the time between the steam chuggers' relocation and the current time period of the series, Olwin would eventually become a very wise and kind chugger. With the arrival of Wilson, Brewster and Koko, Olwin would act as something of a mentor for the three trainees, teaching them skills that would help them get through fog, and also colour mixing.
Olwin would take care of Pete while he awaited a new firebox, and also played a game a hidey-chugger with Hoot and Toot to help them use their emergency horn; while trying to find them, Olwin would break down in Rocky Ridge Mine, with the twins pushing her out to safety. Olwin was also recruited to assisting Brewster in moving the demolisher for the Chuggineers, but had to tow Harrison and Chatsworth to the Repair Shed after they both broke down.
Due to her age, Olwin can often be a bit scatterbrained, which can lead to other chuggers not taking her seriously. Even so, most chuggers will eventually learn to develop a neutral respect for her. Olwin is a mentor to younger chuggers, and tries her best to make them the best they can be for when they complete training. Olwin hates getting dirty, as she always wants to look clean; regardless of the situation. Despite her age, Olwin is always willing do favors for other chuggers, as long as she can stay spotless.
Olwin is similar to a tender-less LNER Class A4 locomotive. When she collects coal, it is deposited through an opening in her cab roof, and water is stored centrally in the boiler, similar to Speedy McAllister.
Olwin is painted dark green with bluish-green linings, and an orange cab roof and funnel. Her wheels are painted in varying shades of gray.
|First used||Last used||Sound Effect|
|Hodge and the Magnet||Chug Patrol Chief|
- Olwin was the youngest steam locomotive until Piper entered the series.
- Her whistle sound is reused from the ship from Howl's Moving Castle.
- Her basis is the same as Spencer from Thomas & Friends (except that Olwin doesn't have a tender).
- She has a strong fear of the quarry, due to the noise and dust and fearing that her delicate bodywork will get ruined, as seen in Rock-A-Bye Chatsworth.
- It is possible that she may be a mixed-traffic engine as she was seen pulling passenger carriages in Brewster's Little Helper.
- In Czech and Polish, she is called Olga, in German, she is called Almut and in Finnish, she's called Edvin.
- Olwin has yet to appear in Season 6.
- Olwin is the only chugger whose eyebrows have a different design. Instead of what resemble to windshield wipers, they are orange arch-shaped handles. This is due to her eyes being in place of where her headlamps would be.
- In various shots where Olwin’s back view is shown, her cab interior and cab controls are shown.
- This makes Old Puffer Pete the only steam locomotive to not have a visible cab interior.
- Her coupling rods were reused for Speedy's.