|Old Puffer Pete|
Old Puffer Pete is an elderly American refurbished steam locomotive, and the oldest Chugger in the series.
Old Puffer Pete is the grand old age of 150 years old. Pete is a steam chugger and although he's old, he can still chuff up and down the tracks. He's a bit slower now, and although he can, he doesn't zip around like he used to, preferring to take things "Slow but Steady". Though he can still zip around fast when he needs to. Old Puffer Pete loves watching the trainees work and learn, and always tries to pass on his his wisdom like a grandfather figure. Even though the young Chuggers might not always pay much attention, they generally realize they should have listened, in the end, if they didn't. Old Puffer Pete has a real sense of humor and loves to tease the youngsters. He can be a bit forgetful, especially when it comes to names!
Old Puffer Pete's Basis is unknown,but he seems to be loosely based on parts of early 4-4-0 locomotives from the United States, such as Union Pacific's "No.119", "The General", and "Jupiter".
- His glasses can spin around.
- He occasionally gets the younger engines' names wrong.
- His tall funnel gives him the appearance of being taller than any other engine, except for Decka and Mtambo.
- He is referred to as "Peter" by Olwin.
- He often says Brewster, Wilson and Koko's names wrong by calling them Beezewax, Walnut, and Cupcake or Bulldog, Ketchup, and Windsock.
- He is the oldest chugger, resembling an 1890's steam locomotive.
- He cannot tolorate heat well, especially during hot weather.
- He seems to be able to remember the names of older engines making it seem that he only forgets the names of those he has not known for long.
- In the Brazilian narration, he's called "Pedro".
- In the German version, he is called "Großvater Pete", wich literally means "Grandfather Pete". In the Hebrew version, he is referred to as "שיפי המתנשף". In the Polish version, he called "Stary Pit".
- His chuggington model has buffers, yet his basis does not have buffers.
- He is 1 of 4 steam engines to work in Chuggington, the other being Olwin, Speedy McAllister and Piper.
|Trainees • Chuggers|
|Wilson • Koko • Brewster • Dunbar • Old Puffer Pete • Calley • Hodge • Zephie • Harrison • Chatsworth • Emery • Irving • Mtambo • Olwin • Frostini • Action Chugger • Speedy McAllister • Hoot and Toot • Skylar • Piper • Decka • Jackman • Zack • Tyne • Fletch • Hanzo • Asher • Payce • Cormac • Minor Locomotives|