Koko is a Japanese electric engine. She is an advanced Trainee and she's one of the main characters of Chuggington. She is also the lead singer of the ‘Rockin’ Rollers` - a band she formed with fellow trainees Wilson and Brewster.
Unlike Wilson and Brewster, Koko is completely electric and uses her own power directly from the tracks beneath her. She'll often challenge others to a race, knowing full well that they don't stand much of a chance against her. Koko loves going flat out, whooshing ahead of the others, and has yet to learn that speed isn't everything. Koko is very confident and loves to explore and have adventures. Although mischievous, she is well meaning and gets upset if she causes her friends to get into trouble. Koko will always own up or apologies and try to put things right, once she has understood the full implications of her actions. She is an express engine, built for speed and pulling passengers. She likes to pretend she's a steam engine, by always saying, 'Choo Choo!' many times. She also likes to speak in third person.
Koko is based on the 0/200 Series Shinkansen, a Japanese bullet train. Koko has a large light on her front, which resembles a nose. The real 0/200 Series does not have this feature. instead, they have two smaller lights to either side of what would be the "nose" on Koko. Also the real 0/200 Series doesn't have an upturned nose, a large front bumper, or a set of three horns on top of their cabs. Unlike Koko, while she pulls her Speed Fleet passenger cars, the real 0/200 Series doesn't have flush rocket boosters on either side.
Koko is painted green and white on her body with purple lining and underbody. In the Season 2 premiere, Koko's New Look, Zephie painted her, out of anger, to look like a pirate. Unfortunately, it was permanent. So Koko had to be re-painted. As of season 4, she has optional built in speed boosters while working as part of the speed fleet. In Glow Koko, she was temporarily painted in a glow in the dark green livery.
- Koko is the oldest of the trainees, although the real 0 Series was not built until 1964, making Koko much younger than Brewster and Wilson.
- She is the only fully electric powered trainee.
- In merchandising, Koko shares the same horn sound as Irving.
- Some of her catchphrases include "Betcha' can't catch Koko!" and "Go Koko, go Koko!"
- In Polish, Koko's catchphrase is "Raz & dwa i tut tut!" (One & two and toot, toot!).
- In German, she says "Toot, Toot!" instead of "Choo, Choo!"
- She is one of, if not the only Chugger with a mouth that does not move on a hinge joint, resulting in her mouth movement being in a vain of person’s.
- Koko is the first trainee ever to win the speed badge.
- Koko has a speed fleet.
- Koko has a front coupler inside of her plow, unlike her basis which had a front coupler inside of its nose.
|Trainees • Chuggers|
|Wilson • Koko • Brewster • Dunbar • Old Puffer Pete • Calley • Hodge • Zephie • Harrison • Chatsworth • Emery • Irving • Mtambo • Olwin • Frostini • Action Chugger • Speedy McAllister • Hoot and Toot • Skylar • Piper • Decka • Jackman • Zack • Tyne • Fletch • Hanzo • Asher • Payce • Cormac • Skipper Stu • Harry and Hamish • Russ • Daley • Rosa • Tai • Minor Locomotives|