Irving is a medium-sized dark red diesel engine who handles the recycling chores around Chuggington.
Irving handles the recycling and garbage. He has a recycling area off of the main depot. Irving may look a little snappish, but he can be very helpful to others. He's an adult chugger with a perfectionist streak. He is also very proud of his work at the Recycling Center, and boasts that nothing is ever thrown away in Chuggington. He often speaks in third person, and is also strict when things go bad.
Irving is based on a Beilhack Rotary Snowblower, minus the plow on the front and modified with two sweepers.
- He likes to keep things neat and tidy.
- Can be very strict sometimes.
- Unlike other Chuggers, he pronounces words freely behind his sweepers.
- His head is smaller in comparison to his eyes, making them appear larger
- He has severe obsessive-compulsive disorder, in regards to cleanliness and order. In several episodes, most notably in Eddie Finds Time - Vee becomes annoyed by his paranoia of the current time, by asking her countless times every few seconds.
- In German he is called Erwin, in Hebrew he is called שלמה (Shlomo), in Polish, he is called Iwo.
- He can be unkind to other trainees and chuggers.
- His horn is the same as the Trainz Generic Diesel Locomotive Horn.
- Irving has had two horn sounds throughout the series. His original horn sound can be heard in Brewster's Little Helper.
- Irving and Old Puffer Pete are the only two chuggers with glasses.
- Coincidentally, both Irving and Pete are voiced by Paul Panting in the UK dub.
- Irving has yet to be seen in Season 6 .
|Trainees • Chuggers|
|Wilson • Koko • Brewster • Dunbar • Old Puffer Pete • Calley • Hodge • Zephie • Harrison • Chatsworth • Emery • Irving • Mtambo • Olwin • Frostini • Action Chugger • Speedy McAllister • Hoot and Toot • Skylar • Piper • Decka • Jackman • Zack • Tyne • Fletch • Hanzo • Asher • Payce • Cormac • Skipper Stu • Harry and Hamish • Russ • Daley • Rosa • Tai • Minor Locomotives|