Irving is a medium-sized dark red diesel engine who handles the recycling chores around Chuggington.
Irving handles the recycling and garbage. He has a recycling area off of the main depot. Irving may look a little snappish, but he can be very helpful to others. He's an adult chugger with a perfectionist streak. He is also very proud of his work at the Recycling Center, and boasts that nothing is ever thrown away in Chuggington. He often speaks in third person, and is strict when things go bad.
Irving is based on a Beilhack Rotary Snowblower, minus the plow on the front and modified with sweepers.
- He likes to keep things neat and tidy.
- Can be very strict sometimes.
- His head is smaller in comparison to his eyes, making them appear larger
- He has severe obsessive-compulsive disorder, in regards to cleanliness and order. In several episodes, most notably in Eddie Finds Time - Vee becomes annouyed by his paranoa of the current time, by asking her countless times every few seconds.
- In German he is called Erwin, in Hebrew he is called שלמה, in Polish, he is called Iwo.
- He can be unkind to other trainees and chuggers.
- He may have 'murdered' (recycled) unnamed chuggers in the past who have done something bad to him; and rarely he threatens to 'kill' and recycle a misbehaving chugger in his path. This is most evident in the episode "Inspector Emery" - when Emery makes Irving jump, dropping his load - and causing him to say "...Now get out of here before I [pauses] recycle you!".
- Irving and Old Puffer Pete are the only two chuggers with glasses.
- Also, both Irving and Pete are voiced by Paul Panting in the UK dub.
|Trainees • Chuggers|
|Wilson • Koko • Brewster • Dunbar • Old Puffer Pete • Calley • Hodge • Zephie • Harrison • Chatsworth • Emery • Irving • Mtambo • Olwin • Frostini • Action Chugger • Speedy McAllister • Hoot and Toot • Skylar • Piper • Decka • Jackman • Zack • Tyne • Fletch • Hanzo • Asher • Payce • Cormac • Minor Locomotives|