Hanzo is the leader and mentor of Speed Fleet.
Hanzo is the fastest Chugger from Japan. Mentor to Koko, Hanzo is sleek, streamlined, and has a photographic memory. He believes there is no greater honour than transporting passengers quickly, but always safely, to their destination. Respectful, dedicated and precise, Hanzo encourages fellow Speed Fleet chuggers to be the best they can through rigourous practice. As well as always extremely punctual.
Hanzo is most likely based on the Japanese Shinkansen E7/W7 Series, operated by East Japan Railway Company (JR East) and West Japan Railway Company (JR West) on the Hokuriku Shinkansen and Joetsu Shinkansen lines in Japan. They ran Tokyo between Nagano, until Hokuriku Shinkansen until Kanazawa in 2014.
Hanzo is painted white with blue linings, and blue and black linings on the top. His battery boxes and bogies are gold.
- Season 4 - Rescue at Rocky Ridge, Wilson's Forest Flare, Stop Koko Stop!, Runaway Koko, Brewster Makes Tracks (cameo), Chief Wilson, Back Up Brewster (mentioned), Track Laying Brewster, Winter Whiteout, Fearless Wilson, Special Rescue Team, Team Trainee, Record Breaker Koko and The Tootington Tunnel
- Season 5 - Trainee Camp, Tour Guide Harrison, Delivery Challenge, Koko Express and Chug Patrol Chief
- Season 6 - My Hero (mentioned), Wilson's Broadcast Blues (does not speak), The 3 Ways of the Track, Odd Train Out, Rock 'n' Rollers (cameo), Action Chugger's Day Off, Chugging Home for the Holidays (cameo) Celebrate Chuggington (cameo)
- During production, he was originally going to be named "Benjiro".
- Hanzo shares the same horn sound as Isabelle from Finley the Fire Engine.
- His name comes from a famous Ninja, Hanzo Hattori.
- He is fast, sleek, streamlined and ultra modern.
- As revealed in The 3 Ways of the Track, he is the wisest chugger in Chuggington.