Frostini is an Italian ice cream chugger who works at the Ice Cream Factory.
Frostini is the fantastically passionate ice cream dispensing bright yellow Chugger from America with an Italian accent. He is a very sleek and stylish chugger, he is glamorous and very outgoing, and is famed by the children and especially Wilson. His job is to serve Ice Creams for free to all the people who inhabit Chuggington.
All the children in Chuggington listens out intently on hot days for Frostini's distinctive tune, announcing that some ice-tastic treats are on the way. Frostini is admired by the Trainees, especially Wilson, as they think his job is the best job in Chuggington. He has the most emotions than any other chugger, and can get mad or worried very easily as he always wants everything to be perfect, due to the stress of working at the ice cream factory, with little to no guests, and sometimes rude personnel, most notably in the episode "Frostini's Fruit Fandango".
Frostini is of a freelance design, although he seems to be loosely based on various Burlington Zephyrs that worked on the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy (CB&Q) Railroad, most notably the Pioneer Zephyr, with the addition of an Ice Cream Dispenser for giving to the children. He also seems to bear a resemblance to a Soviet TE3 class locomotive.
Frostini is painted cool yellow with a brown roof and underbody, as well as gray waves and two ice creams with pink scoops.
- In Hebrew, Frostini is named שלגוני (lit: "ice lolly" or "ice cream bar"). In Czech, his name is Mrazíny.
- He sometimes speaks in the third person.
- According to Frostini's True Calling, Frostini's true love is making ice cream.
- Frostini is the first character to have a singing actor. In this case, Randy Crenshaw.
- Frostini speaks with an Italian accent despite being based on an American engine.
- His basis is the same as Knight from the GeoTrax Rail & Road System.