Calley is a small German shunting engine who used to handle any emergencies or accidents around Chuggington; she now serves as a first responder Chug Patroller.
Calley originally served as the sole rescue chugger in Chuggington. She has rescued many chuggers in numerous events; such as towing Harrison for many miles after he broke down taking the night shift, rescuing a derailed Koko after she and Wilson ventured out into the countryside, pulling Wilson out of a pile of sticky paste, and towing Hodge to the Repair Shed after he snapped his axle hauling a load of track. Calley would also occasion assist Dunbar with training duties; as well as that, she once performed at one of the annual rolling stock shows.
With the formation of Chug Patrol, a rescue squad lead by Jackman, Calley would become one herself. After Wilson joined the team as an advanced trainee, Calley would take him to the countryside for lessons with the Chug Patrol wagons to help him become a better Chug Patroller. One of these times, while Calley took the wagons back to Chug Patrol Headquarters, Brewster became caught up in a sinkhole; luckily, by the time that she arrived at the scene, Wilson had rescued him.
Calley later earned the job of Chug Patrol's first responder. As of today, it seems that Calley has either retired from her duties, or simply joined another Chug Patrol squad in another city (most likely Tootington) evident by her noticable absence in more recent events. Even so, Calley is still a valuable member to any team, and is always ready to rescue.
While Calley spends most of the day (and sometimes the night) rescuing, she doesn't let it get in the way of spending time with other chuggers. Calley is kind, caring and always happy to help; though she won't shy away from reprimanding other chuggers if they've done something stupid.
While Calley always tries to spread positivity and not shower others with her own problems, Calley can sometimes feel that she has no place on the Chug Patrol team, evident by the fact that everyone else on Chug Patrol has their own talents; this can lead to Calley trying too hard to impress others. After Calley's lack of confidence in herself led to a major embarrassment to Chug Patrol, Calley earned the job of a first responder, virtually fixing the problem. In all, Calley is the ray of sunshine on Chug Patrol, and a friend to everyone in Chuggington.
Calley is loosely based on a Krauss-Maffei ML 500 C diesel hydraulic shunter which were built in Germany between 1954 and 1966.
Calley is painted orange with a dark green cab roof and underbody. Her buffer beam is gray and has brick yellow and white hazard stripes. When she joined Chug Patrol, she was repainted red, yellow and blue to match Chug Patrol's signature colors; she also gained silver hub-caps.
|First used||Last used||Sound Effect|
|Brewster to the Rescue||Cormac Patrol|
- Calley has not appeared on the show since the Season 5 episode, Chug Patrol Chief, most likely to make way for Tai, who reuses her old model from Seasons 1-3, albeit with a single horn and a purple and red livery. As of now, no canonical explanation has been given thus far for this, and it is unlikely that she will appear again.
- Calley's catchphrase, reflecting her jobs as the series progresses, is "Rescue Chugger/Chug Patroller coming throu-ough!".
- Calley and Tai are only diesel Chuggers with coupling rods.
- She is one of two of the smallest heavy hauling Chuggers in Chuggington (the other being Hodge).
- She is the only member of Chug Patrol to not appear in Season 6 so far.
- Both she and Asher are based on German locomotives.
- In Polish, Calley is called "Kaja".
- Unlike most chuggers, which have faces on their front ends, Calley's face is positioned on the rear end of her cab; as it is the only place to accommodate her face. In real life, this resulted Calley to have her controls functioning in reverse. (E.g Forward on the reverser which drives Calley in reverse and vice versa)