Brewster is a British hybrid diesel. He is an advanced trainee and works with the Chuggineers. He is one of the main characters in the series.
Brewster is a young trainee who always likes to make sure everything is working okay, by always saying "Check". This can slow him down, but he is strong, capable and reliable!
Brewster is based on the BR Class 23 Steel Mill logistics locomotive. He is also based on the BR Class 55, nicknamed 'Deltic', though being much smaller, having a Bo-Bo wheel arrangement. Brewster has only one cab, but real Class 23s have two cabs.
- Zephie idolizes him, as seen in Brewster's Little Helper.
- He seems to admire Action Chugger.
- He loves saying 'Check' to make sure his task is always according to plan.
- Brewster is called Bastian in the German version, Rotem (רותם) in Hebrew, and Bruno in Latin America, Brazil, Poland, France and Italy.
- In German, his catchphrase is, "Ach du dicke Lok!" which literally means "Oh you fat engine!" (Which is a pun on the german phrase "Ach du dickes Ei!" which literally means "Oh you fat egg!"). In Hebrew, he says "צופרים אדירים!" (Tzofarim Adirim, "Great horns!"). In Japanese, he says 「なんてこった！」(Oh, my!),and in Polish "Na świst pary!" ("On the whizz of steam!" a catchphrase he shares with Old Puffer Pete).
- In the pre-production photo of his Bachmann model, his bogies are colored grey.
- In his Interactive, Wooden, and Motorised models, his windows are colored sky-blue, and in the Die-Cast range, they were originally the same colour as himself.
- He is the most focused, maturest, most sentable and most knowledgeable trainee, as evidenced in Brewster Knows Best.
- His hobby is "people spotting", i.e. spotting humans do things that he has not seen them do before.
- Vee admires Brewster, especially in the badge quest episode "Who do you appreciate", and vise versa.
- Brewster is the only chugger to have a landmark named after him, named Brewster Bridge.
- He is the only trainee who's power source is diesel only, as Wilson, Hoot and Toot are diesel-electric, Piper is a steam engine, and Koko is fully electric.
- Even if he is the only trainee that’s pure diesel, both the Class 23 and Class 55, on which he is based, are diesel electric.
- Charlie George (UK; Season 1-3)
- Toby Davies (UK; Season 4-present)
- Miles J Harvey (US)
- Karina Parra (Latin America)
- Pedro Soares (Brazil)
- Noam Tal (Israel)
- Manuel Meli (Italy)
- Daniel Galo (Los Angeles Spanish Dub)
|Trainees • Chuggers|
|Wilson • Koko • Brewster • Dunbar • Old Puffer Pete • Calley • Hodge • Zephie • Harrison • Chatsworth • Emery • Irving • Mtambo • Olwin • Frostini • Action Chugger • Speedy McAllister • Hoot and Toot • Skylar • Piper • Decka • Jackman • Zack • Tyne • Fletch • Hanzo • Asher • Payce • Cormac • Minor Locomotives|