Alpha Group Co., Ltd. (simplified Chinese: 奥飞娱乐股份有限公司; traditional Chinese: 奧飛娛樂股份有限公司; pinyin: Aòfēi Yúlè Gǔfèng Yǒuxiàngōngsī) is the current toy master licensee for Chuggington as of June 3rd, 2019. A "broad range of toys across vehicles, track sets, radio-control toys, plush, games, electronics, smart toys, novelty, and seasonal products are all in development" for release in Autumn/Winter 2021 (though some exclusive items got an early release within July 2020 in China, and one set was eventually released as a December 2020 holiday exclusive on Amazon US). The main toyline "will bring new innovation to well-loved train play patterns, giving fans the opportunity to re-enact the series’ adventures like never before with universal track sets, scenic location-based play sets and trains from the Chuggington world."
First revealed at the London Toy Fair 2020, the new line will be divided into three scales; large-scale "Feature" chuggers including "Pop & Transform" Chuggers (with a surprise transformation) and rereleased and slightly redesigned Remote Control Chuggers, mid-scale "Traintastic" die-cast vehicles and playsets with "Look Alive" Chuggers (with moving facial expressions) and "Touch & Go" Chuggers (with innovative technology to start and stop), and small-scale Mini Chuggers with "Fold 'N Go" playsets. The Traintastic and Feature scales will release in Q4 2021, with the Mini Scale launching Spring 2022.
Alpha has also been working with the Herschend Entertainment Studios team in partnership for Season 6. An example of the synergy being represented is a subcategory of the Die-Cast vehicles with boxes that give them new (temporary) designs, tied in with a to-be-announced episode.
- 1 Traintastic Scale (Mid-Scale)
- 2 Mini Scale (Small-Scale)
- 3 Feature Scale (Large-Scale)
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 References
Traintastic Scale (Mid-Scale)
- Wilson (regular and Motorized)
- Brewster (regular and Motorized)
- Koko (regular and Motorized)
- Action Chugger
- Skipper Stu
- Chug Patrol 1, Chuggineer Digger Car, and Open Wagon (China exclusive)
"Look Alive" Chuggers
"Touch and Go" Chuggers
- All Aboard Starter Track Set (with Touch and Go Wilson)
- Mtambo Safari Track set (with Touch and Go Mtambo)
Mini Scale (Small-Scale)
Stow 'N' Go Playsets
Feature Scale (Large-Scale)
Pop and Transform
- The toyline was originally aimed for a Fall 2020 launch, but was pushed to 2021 to "let the newly launched show seed a little before the toys hit shelves."
- The Traintastic Scale vehicles are largely the same as the original Die-Cast/StackTrack vehicles, with some modifications made to the toolings/paintwork:
- The gauge has been widened, likely to make them compatible with other train systems.
- The "Touch and Go" Chuggers are based on the Motorized chuggers, with altered toolings to make design the Trainees after their "normal" models and the wider gauged wheels.
- Jackman's body has been raised up.
- Emery has been given a completely new tooling, solely representing his cab (much like the Jazwares design) and including a door that can open up.
- Wilson's Motorized model leaves out paint for certain details (some, such as his stripes, are applicable as packaged stickers), and his fuel tank is now all red instead of all black.
- The cargo car uses its Die-Cast version instead of the plastic StackTrack version.
- The "Look Alive" Chuggers use 6-axle undercarriages, much like the Chuggington Wooden Railway.
Look Alive Chuggers
Touch and Go Chuggers
Pop and Transform
|Chuggington Die-Cast • Chuggington Interactive Railway • Chuggington Wooden Railway • Jazwares • Alpha Group •Chuggington Construction • Chuggington Wind-up • Chuggington Motorised • Plarail • Takara Tomy • Remote Control • DVDs • Books • Clothing • TOMY • V-tech • Golden Bear Toys • Applications|